Is Dashnex Worth it?
Is it a scam?
Short answer to your question, dashnex is not a scam. The blog you are reading right now is using the dashnex platform and I'm using the in-built editor to write this blog with the blogging feature enabled.
You might have heard dashnex offers one time payment of
17$ 27$ and hosting is lifetime. Its true. You would get one license to build a website and one license for a store. I came across dashnex platform while I was searching on the internet for the Cheap and affordable service to host my website. I have always wanted to start a blog and in the past I have used several platforms like Bluehost, Interserver, 000webhost and many other platforms. The fact that hosting comes at a cost which could be monthly or yearly. In the start when your blog or store does not get enough traffic your pocket would bleed. We might not be sure whether our blog would be successful or not and worse we might feel demotivated and just quit blogging. Result would be a loss of money and time.
You should ask this question yourself. Do you really want to pay a lot of monthly recurring fees for hosting or just settle for lifetime hosting with the blogging feature. You can think of dashnex like you have Dropbox or Google Drive account which is not going away. This is how it's interface looks like.
It's not your typical cPanel interface. Instead they have created their own custom and user friendly interface.
What can you do with Dashnex?
- Create your blog for lifetime
- You can launch custom built website with as many pages as you want or use their page designer
- Create Lead generation page, sweepstake page to for giveaways, create a redirect page, create a blog post or create a custom built site using their drag and drop builder.
- Unlimited space and bandwidth which was confirmed from their support staff
- SEO features built-in
So how much it would really cost to launch an html based website and store.
17 27$ dollars for one time fee license + average cost of domain yearly 13 dollars = $40
In 40 $ you can launch your website and a drop shipping store included. More on that later.
Remember you have paid for the hosting now you have to pay the domain fee yearly which could be $13 or more. If you choose some other host it would cost you about 7 dollars every month.
Why would I want Dashnex?
- I won't have to pay monthly recurring fees as for me its a great deal when I'm starting out
- I can launch a Drop shipping store, it's license would be included
- I find their tutorials helpful
- I can integrate Google analytics and many other plugins as you can see share tab on the sidebar
- Mailchimp can also be integrated which can be used to collect emails
- I wan to launch sales funnels which are almost similar to click funnels
- I wan to quickly setup giveaways and collect emails
Why do people choose WordPress?
WordPress is way too heavy because it's a content management system built on php which use a lot of bandwidth.
Many plugins are required for the working of WordPress. Most people waste time on just searching for the perfect theme to launch their blog and website. These things add up and increase your website size.
In the result your site speed decreases and keep in mind it will affect the Google ranking of your website. Then you would need to find a faster hosting service which means they would recommend you more expensive plan. Now you tell me is WordPress really that important. Most of time you don't have to use WordPress. When things can be done on the html based website. Although you might have few features missing but they just might not be important.
Could you really tell if my site was built through WordPress or through HTML if I hadn't told? I guess you couldn't because you see all the features you might see on a WordPress site. You can achieve so much speed with a site built on HTML. But if you are really out for WordPress and won't settle on something else then for sure you can Start here to learn how to build WordPress site.
What if Dashnex is out of Business?
Actually I have asked this question myself because you might wonder if a company is giving forever hosting would it really stay. So this was their support response.
This proves they are here to stay and $2 Million dollars is a large sum of money to invest in a platform.
Company is also old as they are operating from 2011. They are constantly adding new features. For example the Blogging feature was not available.
It was made available this year when several users requested this feature. It just keeps getting better and better. Recently Zapier integration was also introduced in the stores which is used for automation functionality.
There is so much positive features I have discussed. You might be wondering how can a product be so good with no drawbacks.
Drawbacks of Dashnex?
- You can only create html based websites
- You cannot add themes for the blogging feature but can add for a website
- (Important) To enable blogging feature it costs one time $97 more dollars for Pro license but you would get 10 more licenses with it for store and website
- Learning curve in dashnex dashboard because you would have to add Google analytics and search console code manually instead of plugin in WordPress which does it automatically and more easier.
- In the future if you want to move to another host using all your website data you won't be able to and would have to stick with this platform but you can move your license from one email to another email after asking their support staff. (Does not cost any money).
- You can't download your html website created using dashnex pages and can only use it on dashnex.
I have not yet found any other dashnex alternatives. Some of them on the search results are not really worth the time and money. They have bad reviews. Html sites are fast and does not take much space. When someone says unlimited hosting for html it can be believed.
If you are really out for learning to make websites or just starting out and don't want to waste a lot of money on hosting fees then you use the free platforms such as
- 000webhost (you can also install WordPress on it for learning purposes but it would be really slow)
- WordPress .com version instead of WordPress .org
These platforms should only be used for learning purposes and are not recommended for professional websites because they have limitations such as slow speed.
Alternatives for the dashnex Ecom Store:
- Woo commerce
Both of these alternatives monthly cost.
|Platform||Monthly Cost||Visit Site|
|Shopify||$29 Basic Plan||Visit Shopify|
|Woo Commerce||$10 Depends on your Hosting||Visit Woo Commerce|
|Dashnex Powertech Store Builder||$||Visit Dashnex|
Almost all of these platforms involve recurring monthly costs. When you are starting out you might not have any traffic. Choosing affordable platform would be a better choice in the beginning of your stage.
Payment Gateways in Dashnex?
In the dashnex store builder almost all payment gateways are available considering it's a new platform and new payment options would be available soon. Below is a list of which payment gateways are available.
- Pay fast
- PayPal Express
- Pay stack
These are a lot of payment gateways available in dashnex. They are working on adding 2checkout payment gateway which would be available in the future. Instructions are also available for easy integration. You might not have much choice if you want to add payment gateways in the store manually. But with dashnex website builder you can add as many payment gateways as you want because you have full control of your website code. Get Dashnex now for $27.
Dashnex price was also increased from one time
17$ to 27$ now.
If compared to Shopify you have an affordable choice of dashnex. What makes Shopify different from dashnex is the availability of themes and more customisation. All the essential features to run a drop shipping store at a lower cost are available.
If somehow you are really out for the WordPress and want to set-up Woo Commerce with it you would need an affordable hosting plan to run your Drop shipping store.
Do you think dashnex could improve more in the future. What more features dashnex should add. Do you want to see a comparison between Dashnex and shopify? Feel free to mention in the comments below and share this article.
Started this blog on my birthday in April. Looking forward to managing this hobby in the long-term and meet people with similar interests. You can connect with me on my social media profiles.